What’s FREE in Birr
- Car Park beside the Playground off the N52
- The Playground off the N52
- Birr Civic Offices & Library designed by A.W. Pugin where you can see a copy of Macregol Gospel, stunning stain glass windows made by Hardman & Co. Birmingham designed by Powell, John Hardman. You can also see the arm of Prince William, the Duke of Cumberland, got his nickname from the bloody battle of Culloden in 1746 — but in 1915 Scottish soldiers got their revenge when they pulled the ‘Butcher’ from his pillar in the centre of the Georgian town.
- Also available in the Library is FREE access to internet
- During the Vintage Week Festival held between 2nd & 9th of August there are many FREE exhibits held throughout the town. (See the Vintage Week Programme)
- A Famous & Notable of Birr Trail